How would you describe Runecast to non-tech people?

How would you describe Runecast to non-technical people? I’ve tried numerous ways to describe it to family and friends with zero technical background, and what’s eventually worked for me was comparing it to the AI ‘brains’ in sci-fi films or TV series, e.g.

• Knight Industries Three Thousand (KITT) in Knight Rider
  • Just A Rather Very Intelligent System (J.A.R.V.I.S.) in the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU)
  • Heuristically programmed ALgorithmic (HAL) computer in 2001: A Space Odyssey

Anyway, I am curious if others also have tricks like this for getting non-techies (can we still call them Luddites?) to understand what Runecast does.

I recently had to describe Runecast to my friends and use the following analogy :
Imagine having a house build by numerous contractors all working independently without communicating with each other. Would you feel safe moving into the house?

Runecast would be the army of Quantity Surveyors and Engineers, but then equipped with X-ray vision and a direct brain link to every relevant knowledge base. You send them in and they will come out giving you a full list of things to fix and how to fix it.

1 Like

I like that, as construction is a good universal metaphor regardless of culture. :+1:

1 Like